Email Us Townley_InsuranceN-18 Townley_InsuranceN-19 Townley_InsuranceN-20

Call: 01823 230249

Professional Indemnity


Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of compensating clients for loss or damage resulting from negligent services or advice provided by a business or an individual.

You will need Professional Indemnity Insurance if you:

• Provide advice to your clients.
• Handle data belonging to a client or business.
• Are responsible for a client’s intellectual property.
• Provide a specialised service and could be challenged on your work.

You may feel confident in the quality of your work, but any small business is open to a claim of negligence when professional advice or services fail to meet a client’s expectations and cause monetary loss.

At the very least, consider the legal fees you could rack up defending a claim of negligence even if it proves to be unfounded. Professional Indemnity will pick this cost up for you.
Adam is a Law graduate and Chartered Insurance Broker and can advise you on your Professional Indemnity Insurance whether you are self-employed or a large business. You can be confident in the knowledge that we will have the right cover in your place for your business.

Some professions are required to have professional indemnity insurance by their professional bodies or regulators – these include:

Chartered surveyors
Financial advisers

We have many clients that choose to buy professional indemnity insurance to protect themselves against claims and these include:

Advertising agencies
Public relations agencies
Business and Management Consultants
IT firms
Software houses
Mortgage Brokers
Website Designers
Plumbing & Heating Contractors
Electrical Contractors
Renewable Energy Contractors
Online publishers
Social Media Consultants
Estate Agents
Lettings Agents
Graphic Designers
Business support
Health & Safety

Conditions of your cover

Professional indemnity cover is usually offered on a claims-made basis. This means that your insurer will only cover you for claims that are brought against you during the term of your policy. If a claim is made against you after your policy has expired – even if the incident occurred while your policy was in place – you will not be covered for that claim.

This is why having the correct Retroactive date is crucial!

If you cancel your professional indemnity insurance, for example if you are retiring or changing professions, you should consider purchasing a run-off policy. This covers you for any new claims that are brought against you after your professional indemnity insurance has expired. New claims can be brought against you for up to six years after an alleged negligent act occurred, so your run-off policy should cover you for this period.

Call today on (01823) 230249 for your free no obligation quote or fill in the contact form opposite for a call back.


Townley Insurance Brokers

4 Wood Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1UN
01823 230 249